By embedding the Event List Widget, Organization or Portals can automatically pull the event information they enter in the system directly to their website.
- Locate the organization from the list of organizations and click on the name of the organization to enter the portal as an organization admin
- Once in the organization, select the "Promote" option from left-hand side menu
- In Promote, click on the "Event List Widget" menu option and click on the [Create Widget] button
- Copy the all of the text that appears in the "Widget Code" field
Now to add the code to your website.
First, determine what URL you’d like the user to use to find the page of your site containing the widget. We recommend something short and clear, like yoursite.com/buy-tickets.
Your easiest method of doing this will be to send an email to your web developer with the code attached and including the following message:
"We need the attached code added to the content area of single page in our site and we’d like that page to live at yoursite.com/buy-tickets.
Our Ticketing team recommends a full-width or responsive template, if we have one available to use.
Don’t forget to update the URL to match that of your site and chosen page and attach the code you saved in the previous step.
DIY: WordPress site
WordPress, being one of the most widely-used content management systems out there, has a number of security features to prevent users from loading malicious content into their site. For that reason, we strongly recommend asking a developer to create a Page Template for your theme.
- Add a New Page in WordPress
- Select the template by name from the dropdown, or if the template file was named to fit into the template hierarchy, leave it with the Default Template.
- Publish the page.
The alternate method, that will likely be cleaned by WordPress and stop working when the page is next saved, is to switch to the Text view in the WordPress editor, then paste in the code there. This will only work for Admins in most WordPress sites, or Super-Admins in a Multi-site Network.
If you need any assistance getting your website up and running with your widget please let us know.