Quantity Discounts provide a way to offer buyers a discount on a group of tickets based on the number of tickets the buyer purchases. This can be used to create tiered pricing that adjusts based on the number of tickets the buyer selects. It can also be used to create a group rates such as family packs and even couple's tickets.
Quantity Discounts may also be referred to as Group Rates, Bulk Discounts and some organizations may call them packages. However, unlike packages in GeoTix, Quantity Discounts are configured on an event by event basis. The discounts are always based on the ticket types for a single event.
Let's get started!
NAVIGATE TO QUANTITY DISCOUNTS
- From the left-hand side menu, click on the "Events" menu option
- Click on the name of the event from the event list (not shown) to enter the event page - From there select the "Ticket Settings" tab
- Set the event ticket types as you normally would including the appropriate Price Levels for each ticket type
- Once the ticket types have been created for the event, click on the [Add Quantity Discount] button to create your first Quantity Discount
CONFIGURING QUANTITY DISCOUNTS
- Begin by providing a name for the first Quantity Discount - This will only be used for your reference and will not be shown to buyers
- Like the Ticket Types, Quantity Discounts can be offered to online buyers ("Yes") or reserved for direct sales through the admin backend ("No") - Select the appropriate option for this Quantity Discount
- Use the "Validate Date" field to select when the Quantity Discount will be available
- Required - Enter the minimum number of tickets a buyer can purchased to get the Quantity Discount rate
- Optional - Enter a maximum number of tickets that the buyer can purchased and still get the group rate - If there is only a minimum number of tickets required for the discounted rate, this can be left blank
- Click on the [Add Ticket Types] button to add Tickets Types for this Quantity Discount
- Use the "Ticket Type" drop-down to select one of the existing Ticket Types
- Within the Ticket Type, the "Price Level" drop-down will provide the available Price Levels for the Ticket Type select - Choose the desired Price Level from the drop-down
- Enter the discounted rate for the Ticket Type > Price Level - Note this discount is applied to the cost of the ticket rather than the total of the order (Like Discount/Promo Codes)
- Continue adding Ticket Types > Price Levels and the discounted rates to create each of the options for this Quantity Discount
HOW IT SHOWS TO YOUR BUYERS
Buyers will be able to see range of ticket quantities that will apply the discounted rate. The buyer will get the discounted rate as long as they select a combination of ticket types and prices that total to the quantity defined in the Quantity Discount. For example, a Family Pack might include General Admission tickets with Adult and Child Price Level. If the Quantity Discount starts at 4 tickets, the buyer could choose 2 GA at the Adult Price Level and 2 at the Child Price Level to get the Family Pack Quantity Discount.
QUANTITY DISCOUNTS WITHOUT A MAXIMUM
Quantity discounts can be set without a maximum quantity. Buyers will get the discounted rate at any quantity of tickets above the Quantity Discount minimum.
HOW IT SHOWS TO BUYERS
When no maximum is set, the system will display the minimum defined in the Quantity Discount + 10. The example below shows how the tickets will appear when the event includes two Quantity Discounts. The lower tier shows the range for the Family Pack example and the Company Rate shows how the discounted rate starts at a quantity of "10" with +10 ticket quantity options added below in the drop-down menu.