This feature allows Portals to manage and create additional fees, and then Organizations can opt-in to pass these fees along to their ticket buyer.
At the Portal Level
The first step is for the Portal to create these additional fees that Organizations can opt-in to.
- Navigate to your Portal Settings
- You’ll see a new option in your top navigation; Additional Fees
- Select +Add another Fee. This will present the user with a modal where you can add your fees
There are currently 2 Fee Types:
- Sales Tax – this is an item level fee that applies only to the price of the ticket. Each state has different taxes for event tickets/admission so we recommend consulting with an expert in your region. These fees ARE refundable.
- Merchant Fee – this is an order level fee that applies to the total price of the order (ticket price plus ticket fee) when a credit card is used as a payment method. These fees ARE NOT refundable.
After you select your Fee Type, simply enter a Name and Rate (%) and save your Fee.
When you save your Fees they will be added to you additional fee table. This displays the information associated with your Fee.
- Fee Type – see above
- Fee Name – this is the name that will display to ticket buyers and users while purchasing items with these fees, and will also display in reports.
- Fee Rate – the rate, as a percentage, that will be charged.
- Active – this allow the Portal to make these fees active for Organizations to opt-in to.
- Actions – this is how you can edit or delete a fee.
Once Additional Fees are created, active Organizations will have the ability to opt-in to pass these fees on to the buyer.
At the Organization Level
- Navigate to Organization Settings.
- They will also now have an Additional Fees option in their top navigation.
- All active fees will display in this table. Simply toggle the Fees that you want to Pass to the Buyer.
Areas that display fees have been updated to reflect these Additional Fee options. Here’s a couple that you’ll notice most.
- The Order Summary, Confirmation Screen, and Email Confirmation for ticket buyers.
Remember, the Fee Name will display in all instances.
- When an order is being processed through the Admin, either through the Add Order process or Express Checkout, each Additional Fee will display as a line item as well. If the Organization has opted-in to pass Merchant Fees on to the buyer, you will see 2 Totals:
- The Total if the buyer pays with Cash or Check (no Merchant Fee)
- The Total if the buyer pays with Credit Card (includes Merchant Fee)