Creating a Facebook event is a great way to drive traffic to your event page, converting Facebook followers into ticket buyers. Linking the Facebook event to your event page is the key here and is outlined in step #10. If you are familiar with setting up Facebook events, you can skip right to #10. Otherwise, proceed through the article for a step-by-step guide to creating a Facebook event.
1. Start by logging into your Facebook account and clicking the Events tab in the lefthand navigation.
2. Click the Create Event button.
3. Upload a great photo for your event. We recommend a graphic for the event if you have one or a photo of people at the event itself.
4. Add the Event Name.
5. Specify the Location of the event.
6. Select the Start and End Date & Times for your event.
7. Select a Category for your event.
8. Add the details for your event in the event Description box. This can be a simple copy paste of the Event Description and Event Details from the event settings for your event in the GeoTix platform.
9. Add a handful of keywords related to your event to boost visibility and traffic to the Facebook event page.
10. This is the most important step in creating a Facebook event for your ticketed event. Paste the event page url for your event into this field. This provides people who visit your Facebook event page with a button that will take them directly to the event page where they can purchase tickets. If you need to find your event url, click the Preview button from the Event Dashboard in the GeoTix admin and simply copy the url from your browser.
11. Click Create to publish your event and start driving ticket buyers to your events page!