Mailchimp is a marketing automation platform and an email marketing service. By connecting your GeoTix account to your Mailchimp account, you can automatically sync your customers in GeoTix to lists in Mailchimp to be used for sending email marketing campaigns.
Connect Your Mailchimp Account
1. Select the Integrations tab from the main navigation and click Register under the Mailchimp icon card
2. Click Settings
You will be prompted for your Mailchimp API Key which you can find in your Mailchimp account settings. Login to your Mailchimp account and click Account -> Extras -> API Keys
Scroll down and you will see the option to create an API Key. Create an API Key and name it ‘GeoTix’ so you know what that key is being used for.
3. Copy the API Key and paste it into the prompt in the GeoTix Admin before clicking Next
Boom! You're Mailchimp is connected. Upon adding your API Key, you will land on your Mailchimp Settings where you can configure your Merge Fields. Merge Fields allow you to connect pieces of information collected through GeoTix to your Merge Tags in your Mailchimp list.
Using Mailchimp Sync, you can automatically sync your GeoTix customers to a Mailchimp List.
You have 2 sync options:
- Manual Sync - sync manually selected customers
- Event Sync - sync customers who attended a specific event/events or a category of events (i.e. Festival, Arts & Theatre, etc.) or create automatic sync events
The fist step in syncing your customers is to select the Mailchimp List you want the customers sync too. You may need to set up a new list in Mailchimp first.
Search and select the customers you want to sync to Mailchimp and click ‘Sync’.
You will be presented with 3 options:
- Attendees from all events - syncs customers from all events
- Attendees from selected events - search and select to sync customers who have purchased tickets to any past and/or future event
- Attendees from selected categories - sync customers who have purchased tickets to specific event categories
The last step is to decide if you want to automatically subscribe new customers. If Yes is selected, it will set up an automatic sync event. This means that any customers who purchase tickets to the event(s) or event category designated in the step above will be automatically added to the Mailchimp List.
Current automatic sync events will appear in a list on your main ‘Sync’ page. If No is selected, this will be a one-time sync event.
The ‘Batches’ option in Mailchimp will allow you to see the past 7 days history of batches. Batches are created any time there is a sync between GeoTix and Mailchimp.