The membership feature allows you to sell a membership to a customer at an up front cost that then allows them to purchase tickets from you at a discounted rate for a defined period of time. The membership is tied to the ticket buyer's email address, meaning the discount is applied automatically when they process an order using that email address and is not transferable to another customer.
Please note that membership discount will not be reflected in the customer's cart at checkout. Rather, it will be applied when the order is processed and reflected in both the charge to their card and their order confirmation.
Navigate to the Promote tab in the main navigation and click on the Memberships card.
Click the + Add a Membership button to begin configuring a membership.
In the window that appears, name your membership, specify whether the associated discount will be $-off or %-off, and set the discount rate.
- Name - What displays to the customer when they purchase the membership
- $-off or %-off - Determines whether the discount will take a dollar amount off of the order or apply a percentage-based discount
- Amount - The discount, in dollars or percent, that will be applied to each order when the membership is used
The discount associated with a membership is applied to the entire order, not to each individual ticket. For example, a $5 membership discount would take $5 off of each order purchased with the membership, not $5 off of each ticket.
Next, set the dates that the membership will be on sale, specify a duration for the membership discount, set the cost for the membership, and add a description.
- Date Range - The time period during which the membership will be on sale
- Duration - The length of time from the date of purchase that the membership discount is redeemable
- Cost - What the customer will pay up front to receive the membership benefits
- Description - A brief summary of the discount associated with the membership
Click Save Membership to save your membership.
You can exclude tickets from the membership discount on an event-by-event basis using the Memberships toggle under the Additional Event Settings section of your Edit Event dashboard.
Your membership will now appear in the Memberships list for your organization where you can edit or delete it.
When the Membership is on sale, it will be listed under the Memberships tab of your customer-facing organization page.
The intended use of the Membership function is to allow a customer to purchase a discount to your organization for a period of time. This is not intended to be a membership management feature or a CRM.