Version 3.4.6, released 9/26/19
- Added items under the hood to prepare for an improved UI for reporting.
- Fixed ability to "Add New Venue" when editing an event
- Fixed Waivers not turning off after being turned on in an event
- Fixed MailChimp Sync by Event
- Fixed a 500 error related to accessing tickets for recurring events.
- Fixed private events displaying in the Event list widget.
- Fixed event visibility not being saved properly.
New Options for an Event Status
- Events can now be marked as “Published” or “Unpublished”. This replaces the “Active/Inactive” status for events.
- An event that is “Unpublished” will not be visible online and orders will not be allowed to process.
- By default, all new events will be initially set as “Unpublished”.
But wait, there's more! You can now set an event as “Public” or “Private”.
- New Public or Private visibility options in the Event Basics section (see image below)
- A public event is fully visible on ticketing sites and search.
- A private event can only be accessed via a direct link.
- A private event will have an indicator shown in the event list and on the event summary page.
What does this mean?
- If you have an event for which you’d like to sell tickets then it must be Published.
- If you would like your event to be visible and easily found online, it should be marked Published and Public.
- If your event is for an exclusive group of potential attendees, it should be marked Published and Private and you will need to send a link for people to find it.
- The Organizations List will now be listed in order of 'most recently updated', not alphabetical.
- The Organizations List will now show the Portal name for Geotix users.
- Fixed a '500 error' when attempting to access tickets for recurring events. This was a very specific use case, that left seating charts orphaned.
Phase 1 features are released with a basic set of features that will be built upon and expanded in future releases.
- Event Categories (Phase 1) - Some things under the hood have changed to allow portals to create and manage event categories (users will notice nothing different). The next phase will include the UI for Portals to create and manage categories for events.
Updated API - now includes 'show_fees_to_customer' for events
- Removed the option to delete events when events are not deletable
- Fixed display issue with user menu
Donations (Phase 1)
- A new UI for managing donation funds, now able to delete donation funds that have had no donations.
- Default questions removed from donation funds but will be adding custom questions in the next phase.
- Active/Inactive Organizations - A new toggle switch for Organizations! When an Organization is deactivated it will no longer be able to sell tickets, display event information on sites, and payments to them will not be processed.
- Fixed display errors on the Venue page on the Portal
- Fixed Inactive Organizations displaying on the Portal
- Fixed spelling error in Event Created email notification
- We released our API - Partners can use the API to GET Events, Organizations, Users and POST Events, Organizations, Users
- What does this mean? Partners can now sync information about events, organizations, and users from our system to their own.
- New Organizations with no events or users may be deleted.
- Added the ability for users in multiple Organizations/Portals to toggle between access levels without having to logout/login.
- Added consistent language for `Contacts` in Organizations, Events, Venues. (show, create, and edit)