- Event names or ticket names that are too long or have some special characters may cause issues. Please limit event and ticket names to 40 characters and avoid special characters if possible.
- An event may show "sold out" during a period of time when no tickets are currently for sale, but when tickets may become available at a later date. This is typically caused by "early access" ticket types that were on sale but are no longer available. The solution is to change the settings of tickets that were previously available in the event so that the toggle to "Sell Online" is off for those ticket types.
Cart issues (in development):
- A customer cannot buy multiple ticket packages in one order. The option for this case is to process separate orders for the separate ticket packages.
- If a user continues shopping and adds more tickets that require answers to registration questions after the existing tickets' questions have already been answered, the registration questions are asked again for the existing tickets.
- If a user has selected the delivery option for their tickets, clicking the trash icon to delete a ticket will remove the ticket and automatically advance their cart to the next step.
- When selecting tickets in a package, a customer cannot see ticket types if the ticket name has a colon.
- When attempting to select a donation amount, the checkbox text will activate the check but not add the amount. The solution is for the user to click on the actual checkbox.
Issues related to Tickets & Ticket Design
- E-ticket and Standard ticket previews do not show images. The images will appear on the actual tickets, just not in the preview
- Printed PDF tickets will not display ticket names correctly with more than 40 total characters in the ticket category and ticket price level names.
Gate App (Geotix Mobile App, iOS and Android)
- Cannot log in to gate app when a password has some special characters.
- View Orders does not load or loads slowly in Gate App.
Web App (secure.geotix.com or app.geotix.com)
- Exchanged tickets cannot be refunded.
- The blue bar that indicates data processing is constantly moving after downloading an event report when there is no longer anything processing.
- In an event's express checkout page, orders that contain holds will not process.
- Portal users can create users in an organization but cannot delete users. If needed, a portal user could create an admin user for themselves in an organization and then delete admin or staff users from that login.
- Customer profiles may duplicate if emails or names are entered somewhat differently than before (capitalization may be a factor). There is currently no method to combine these users or transfer orders between users.
- Admin and staff cannot resend donation confirmations/receipts.
- Adding addresses to new customers in the "add an order" workflow does not add address to customer.
Common Customer Issues
- Customer Order confirmations missing (typically found in a junk or spam filter). This may be caused by an incorrectly entered email address that can be fixed by viewing the customer/order and editing and saving the customer info.
Floor Plans/Seating Chart
- Tables with no seats will receive "not found" error when attempting to publish a floor plan. Tables with no seats was typically a way to make shapes on floor plans, but the seating chart editor now has a shape tool to draw placeholder rectangles on floor plans. The error is fixed by replacing the empty tables with rectangles made with the shape tool.
- On mouse rollover, the customer will see the price of one seat even when a table is marked as for sale as one whole table. The "whole table" price is not visible until the whole table selection is added to their cart. The individual seats will all be added to the cart at once and the subtotal will show the whole table price.
- When an image is uploaded for an event, that image may not appear immediately on the site when saved. The image will load on the site in the next fifteen minutes when the event cache refreshes. To force the event cache to refresh, in this case, you can make any small edit to the title, save it, and then undo that edit and save it again. Updating the title of the event will "bust" the cache and force the event data to refresh immediately.